This is the first time I've done something like this, since the blog is new and all, but the idea is to list 6 quirky but boring details about yourself.
1. I've lived in 7 cities (Los Angeles, Ann Arbor, Sydney, Edinburgh, Washington, D.C., Austin & Oakland) and 3 countries (the U.S., the United Kingdom & Australia).
2. I don't like wearing jewelry, except for chunky earrings.
4. I have played/taken lessons on 7 instruments in my life, but only a few of them I play well (piano, guitar, trumpet, bass, the Chinese ruan, viola and random percussion instruments- but I'll count that as one).
5. I discovered the Beatles and Simon & Garfunkel in junior high through the arrangements of the King's Singers, a 6-part a capella men's vocal group.
6. I buy concert tickets like other women buy shoes. I just can't help myself. Tonight I went to see Yeasayer at Bimbo's (man, I love this place!) and they were fantastic. I bought these tickets on a whim about a month or so ago, I hardly knew anything about them.
Any band who successfully whips out the polyphonic three-part-harmony is A-OK in my book. I could have done without the crazy electronic sounds/noises, but that's cool, the boys like their toys, I get it.
It seems that the smelly (oh yeah, smelly!) mustache wearin' hipsters know what's up this time.
I'll add a couple tunes to my playlist. And here's their myspace page.
Here's Yeasayer performing "2080" on the BBC show, Later... with Jools Holland .
Now I have to tag.
Sorry if this is annoying : )
Here are the rules:
-Mention the rules on your blog.
-Tell 6 quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
-Tag 6 other blogs
-Go to each blog and leave a comment that says they were tagged.