Saturday, June 12, 2010
If you're like me, the music you listen to while working out greatly affects the quality and enjoyment of whatever you're doing. So: I made a mix of all of my favorite high energy "indie" songs. I've be listening to this playlist for the last week or so, just testing the songs out and I'm ACTUALLY SAD when my time is up on the elliptical.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD! (w00t! I've joined the 21st century!)
Also, enjoy the collaged cover above. Feel free to grab that and put into itunes.
"Indie" is a term I'm using very loosely (hence the quote marks), so don't give me any crap about it!
If you're old school and want a CD, send me your address and I will make one for you. I think this playlist might be a little long to all fit on a CD, but I'll make it work.
If you do download it, please give me some feedback. I would love to hear what songs you did and did not like, especially for working out! This is probably pretty darn good driving mix too.
1) Ashes - Embrace
2) Sunrise - Yeasayer
3) Sweetness - Jimmy Eat World
4) Is It Any Wonder? - Keane
5) My Girls - Animal Collective
6) Red and Purple - The Dodos
7) Bleed from Within - The Music
8) Ciudadano - Maneja Beto
9) Last Embrace - Northern Room
10) White Shadows - Coldplay
11) Grounds For Divorce - Elbow
12) Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - Arcade Fire
13) Trouble - OONA
14) Smiley Faces - Gnarls Barkley
15) White Palms - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
16) Oh No - At Dusk
17) Days Go On - Greg Laswell
18) Pounding - Doves
19) There There - Radiohead
20) Destroy Everything You Touch - Ladytron